Exiting Your Business
You’ve spent years of your life building your business, and now you’ve decided it’s time to step back. You may be asking yourself, “What are my options to exit my business?” The good news: when it comes to exit planning, you have many options open to you. We’ve detailed seven common exit strategies:
- Selling to a strategic buyer
- Selling to your management team
- Selling to a financial buyer
- Establishing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Selling ownership via an Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Transition from CEO to Shareholder
- Liquidate your company’s assets
Below we also explore the different considerations for each: how each could affect tax or legal structure, some differences in transaction process, how each could affect your company’s valuation or purchase price, and the implications for both the company’s business continuity and culture.
To download a copy of this PDF, click here.